We offer free settling in sessions for every child who is starting nursery. These can be arranged with the manager for a time that is convenient for both parties.
In your settling in sessions you will have the opportunity to meet the staff within your child’s room, learn some more about their daily routines and experiences on offer and allow staff to start building relationships with yourself and your child. At this point you will be asked to complete an All About Me booklet regarding your child and any relevant permission/consent forms.
Every child is different and we work with parents to ensure that they enjoy their time with us and get comfortable in the nursery environment.
What to Bring
It would be helpful for you to please bring the following for your child starting nursery:
- A change of clothes (named) in case of accidents.
- A pair of slippers or soft shoes for indoors.
- Wellies and waterproof all in ones for the children to keep at nursery to ensure they stay dry when they are outside in wet conditions. Perfect for puddle splashing and playing in the digging area and mud kitchen.
- In colder months: a warm jacket, scarf, gloves and hat.
- In warmer months: a sunhat and sun cream.
- For babies and young children: nappies, wipes/cotton wool and nappy cream if required.
- Some of our older children bring their own water bottle, however this is optional as there are cups and jugs for the children to access drinking water throughout the day.
Little Scholars Day Nursery, Lawers Drive, Panmurefield Village, Broughty Ferry, Dundee DD5 3TZ. Tel: 01382 477555*
*For training and monitoring purposes, all calls are recorded.